Re: Best Linux Distribution - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jason C. Wells
Subject Re: Best Linux Distribution
Date
List pgsql-general
--On Saturday, January 08, 2005 11:14 AM -0300 Esteban Kemp
<ekemp@inf.uach.cl> wrote:

> I'm starting to develop a production enviroment with Postgres and Tomcat,
> And I have to choose between some free linux distribution like:
>
> whitebox
> RHEL
> Fedora
> Suse
>
> Which is the better distribution in terms of postgres? if this has an
> answer

Have you considered something other than linux?  Try FreeBSD.  I think one
of FreeBSD's active developers is also a PostgreSQL developer.  (Fournier
IIRC)  FreeBSD is great software and it shares the BSD license with
PostgreSQL.

Later,
Jason C. Wells